Since 2010, CHSAF has worked to maintain the best learning environment possible for the students of Columbine High School. In line with our mission statement, “to raise funds for educational purposes to support the interests of Columbine High School’s students and teachers,” CHSAF has purchased the following technology resources:
- New sound system for the CHS instrumental program
- Upgrade to library computers
- Presentation clickers for Social Studies and English teachers
- Wacom Intuos Photo Pens and Touch Tablets for the math department
- AP Summer Institute Professional development conferences for CHS teachers
- LabQuest Mobile Devices for the Physics department
- Document Cameras for Science classrooms
- International Society for Technology Education conference fees for the CHS Technology Committee
- Google Cardboard Viewers for the Foreign Language Department
- Apple iPad for the theater department, used to run the sound during all theater productions
- Document Cameras for Science Classrooms
- Apple iPads for the physical education department, allowing students to track physical fitness progress
- Teaming up with the theater department booster club to purchase a new sound system for the theater
- Document camera for the CHS Challenge Program
- Two new sets of Google ChromeBooks and carts (30 ChromeBooks per cart, 60 total).
- Renovations to the new Counseling classroom, including a new projector
- Renewal of the school-wide Turnitin.com account
- A new computer for the Financial Office with a finance-based Operating System
- Two class sets of scientific calculators for the Math Department
- SMARTBoard for the Challenge Program Classroom
- A brand new student computer lab on the school’s lower level. The lab contains 35 computers, a projector, desks, and chairs.
- A school-wide subscription to Turnitin.com, a comprehensive cloud-based solution that helps students become better writers by facilitating personalized feedback.
- Five iPads for school-wide testing and management
- Four computers for the photo lab
- An Apple TV Adapter for the Art Department
- Classroom white board sets for every math class
- Every classroom at Columbine was rewired with a ceiling-mounted overhead projector.
- Five iPads for the Challenge Program classroom.
- Two cameras for the photo lab
- A Document Camera for the Smart Room
- AirLiners for 35 classrooms at Columbine. This hardware transforms a teacher’s computer and projector into a SmartBoard-type system that allows students and teachers to interact with presentations and solve problems together.
Please continue to support The Foundation–you are contributing to a strong school community and students who are prepared for the 21st-century workforce!